Friday, January 30, 2015

Get Down With The Sickness

We are sick in this household.

I have the flu. I think daddy is getting it. And Layna? Well, I'm not sure.

She was running a high fever last weekend, and got over that, but now she's fussy, and Monday, Tuesday, and today she has thrown up and had a horrible diaper spell.

Today has been a fussy day all day, and tonight it even worse.

Got Layna to bed. I started feeling very nauseous when I put her in her crib, so I decide to take a half a phenegran pill, because it was the "I'm about to have a panic attack" nauseous, and I needed it to go away.

Take my pill, lay down to relax and let the panic feeling pass, and guess who wakes up screaming! I go in and pick her up to soothe her, and she falls immediately asleep. I know putting her in her crib is going to be pointless, so I took her to bed with me.

She's out on my chest, and the pill kicks in. I can't stay awake! I'm struggling to hold my eyes open and not let her go; when I take phenegran it knocks me out and I'm not as aware.

Here I am fighting it, which isn't helping my tummy. Daddy finally comes home and I ask him to take her to her crib. Guess what? She woke back up fussy, and he brought her to me.

So it is now 11:36pm, I'm rocking her in my glider, and debating trying the crib again. I think she wants me to hold her, and I love these snuggle moments, but I am SO sick! I need rest too. I have no voice. My throat is raw. I am weak. These meds the doc wrote for me aren't helping me one bit.

I sure hope the sickness passes out of this house SOON!

*Update - Just laid her down and so far she's sleeping well in her own crib. Let's pray she stays that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment