Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday the 13th

I am not normally superstitious, but Friday the 13th has always been a bad day for me. Had a tooth break when being pulled and had to dig it out, had a wreck and totalled my car (although it was still drivable), among other things that have happened.

So what am I doing this Friday, the 13th, on a full moon, and we have 80,000+ extra people in our small town for the weekend?

Well, I want to stay home. I don't want to drive. I don't want to get in the Bonnaroo crowd (especially at Wal-Mart).

But I am going stir crazy! Wednesday all we did outside the house was go to the church for about an hour, which was a waste of time. Yesterday I ran to Spring St Market for some cooking pork (which I made beans with and then forgot to put them in the fridge last night....dangit!)

I can't stand just sitting around. I try to work on a crochet blanket I have going, but Layna has been so dang fussy lately I can't put her down. Right now she's laying in her crib crying; I'm hoping she'll fall asleep. She has to learn to do that on her own.

Yesterday as I made beans, I also cooked BBQ pork, and I cleaned the kitchen. What does it look like now? Like I never touched it. Am I cleaning it today? Probably....although I don't want to, it needs to be done, and no one else will do it.

This two story house is getting lonely.

I just want to get out, even if it's just to drive in the country, see what we can find. Stop at a river or lake somewhere and watch the water, maybe have a picnic. Hit up yard sales, flea markets, farmer's markets. Something.....anything! I hate being cooped up in this house.

The days we do have something to do, I relish it. We had an annual picnic on the side of the road a few weeks ago with the Majors family. Although it was warm and the bugs were bothering us, it was fun.

We also had a birthday swim party for Bugz's niece last week. It was Layna's first time in a pool! She loved it! I even got in and swam around, going down the water slide for the first time ever. It was fun. Next time I go swimming I need to not have a sinus infection.

Yeah, I have an infection, on antibiotics. Went to the doctor and that was her dx of my situation. All because I had ran out of my OTC allergy meds and didn't have them for a week. Won't do that again!

And now Layna is having a fit. The music stopped on her mobile. I need a battery operated one, not a crank that doesn't even last two minutes.   *sigh*  

No comments:

Post a Comment