Saturday, June 28, 2014

Yard Sale Saturday

Everyone knows I am a bargain hunter. The better the deal, the happier I am. Not only do we save money, which is great because we have none right now, but we also get great stuff.

Today was no exception.

First thing I had a message from a Facebook friend that delivered a swing and a cute toy for Layna. So generous and thoughtful of her to give us both items! It made my day, knowing we now have a swing for her, if we can just get Daddy to build a frame for it.

I left out alone this morning to hit a yardsale I saw advertised on Facebook. It didn't look as great in person as it did when I got there, but I did end up with a Bumbo seat with tray for $5 that needs a bit of cleaning, a couple of shirts my size for $1 each, and a really pretty multi picture frame that holds like 10 4x6's for $2. All in all not too bad.

When I got back I somehow talked Bugz into going to a community yard sale. It was drizzling, so we weren't sure how it would be, but beings last time we went there was a house selling a lot of stuff he liked, we decided to go.

The first sale we stopped at we didn't see a whole lot, but they had a basket of Ty beanies. Layna picked out a bear she liked, and they had them all marked .50 a piece. Sadly, we had no change but a $20, so we handed it to them. They kindly said never mind, that she could have it for free. How sweet was that?

Then we went to a sale where they had a lot of wooden stuff. They had the cutest rocker that was Layna's size. We sat her in it, and she was so cute! The lady said she'd had it hand made. We asked her how much, and she said $15! When we got home with it, there was a $25 sticker on it! Great deal!

Last stop we kinda got suckered in to. The lady saw us leaving the house with the rocker and yelled across the street that she had baby girl stuff. She starts pulling out everything that she thinks Layna could/would wear and I felt obligated to buy something, even though she was asking a tad bit too much for some of it. I ended up with a Carter's bathing suit, a pink sleeper with frogs on it, two solid pink onesies, a t-shirt with a frog, a cute little white romper with cherries on it, and a cute blue, yellow, and white dress, all for $7. Not too bad.

It began to rain pretty hard as we were there, so we got nice and wet getting to the car. We left there and headed to a friend's house, who also generously gave us a swing for Layna. Now she has one for home and one for her Pop's house.

We thought we were going home after that, but ended up at a second hand/junk store because he always has a lot of baby stuff outside. Didn't really see anything we wanted for her there, so we came home.

Not a very productive afternoon. I cooked lunch (that Bugz didn't like) and made some brownies. If you know me, I am lactose intolerant, so I don't usually eat brownies. But I found a mix that didn't have milk, so I tried them. Praying the caffeine in the cocoa doesn't bother me, as caffeine usually makes me sick too.

Let me tell ya tho.....those brownies are yummy!

Hoping to go to the drive-in tonight. Bugz wants to go, now that he has a little money, but he's also asleep right now. Haha!

FYI, stomach is starting to roll and feeling hot and sweaty.....maybe brownies weren't a good idea after all.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment