Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Rabbits, New Diet, and Rants

My awesome friend Ashley brought us a bunny the other day! It is so adorable! Layna already likes it, which is good. It escaped while we were gone to my doctor apt yesterday afternoon....hopefully getting a cage this evening.

My doctor apt was horrible. Turns out I have high cholesterol, so high that I have to take medication. I also have to go on a diet. She wants me to go for 1500 calories a day. Broken down, that is 300 for each big meal, and two 200 snacks.

I am totally lost. I am not sure how I'm going to do this. So many foods have so many calories, and to have to cut down that much, it is going to be very hard. For breakfast I had one pack of oatmeal, which barely filled the bottom of the bowl, and two cups of coffee with sugar. I could have skipped the coffee, but I sure didn't want to. Haha! For lunch I had a sandwich which consisted of one of those cheap packets of processed meat slices and mustard, with a 100 calorie bag of popcorn. I still went over 10 points, but beings that I didn't use as much for breakfast maybe it will be ok.

My biggest issue is going to be supper. It's not just me eating, so I have to think about fixing something for me and for Bugz. What in the world can I eat for supper that will only be 300 calories? Had to quit eating my breakfast cereal, wouldn't have even been able to eat a half of a bowl full before going over the 300 calories.

This absolutely sucks, but I know it has to be done. Heart problems run high on my mom's side of the family, and a little bit on my dad's side. I don't want to leave Layna behind earlier than I have to. Especially if it's something that I can help to prevent, unlike my mom who couldn't help what she had. If anyone has any tips for a 300 calorie supper, please leave me a comment below. I'm going to need all the help I can get.

Now to my rants.

1) The speed limit in town is 40 mph. That means you can go 45 and you'll be ok. If you can not go 40 mph (like say 30), you do not need to be driving. Especially when there are TWO of you, one in each lane, going thru the middle of town.

2) Why does it have to rain when I want to be outside? Had to go get my meds, so was gonna walk in the park. What happens? It starts sprinkling. Abandon the walk, go to Walmart (exercise in itself) and it stops sprinkling. Now I have to do dishes.

3) I hate unemployment! I am totally broke, no money to my name, and I still have not heard from unemployment about when I'll be getting money.

4) I am also mad at child support for not finding my sperm donor faster than they are. They don't care, so they really aren't looking. All I want is to go to court for the benefit of DHS and our TennCare, then he can sign his rights over and be done with it all.

5) Now that I need to do dishes, I have a massive headache. Blah.

I think I'm done ranting now. Here's some cute pics of Layna and BunBun.

No comments:

Post a Comment