Friday, July 25, 2014

Day Three

Day three of my diet, and it's going....ok.

Yesterday I got out and push mowed the yard. It was hot and the air was still. I bruised the top of my hand and peeled the skin off the inside of my ring finger trying to start the darned thing, but I did it. Push mowed the whole yard. And I did it all in about an hour and 15 minutes, give or take. I was hot, sweaty, and exhausted, but it felt good to know I did that. Not just riding on a mower, but pushing by hand!

Today, we went to the park. I knew after yesterday's workout, I needed to keep it going today, so off Layna and I went.

I put her in the stroller and we hit the "greenway" at the park. I didn't walk every inch of the "greenway", but we did almost all of it. I bypassed the section that went next to the road up to highway 55, and we didn't walk up the hill behind the bank, but we did walk under the 41 bridge. It was somewhere around 2 miles, if the sign I read was right. We walked it in under an hour.

I ran into a friend and her daughter who said they were " geocatching". I pretended to know what that meant, but had no clue, so now I am curious.

There was some pretty artwork under the bridges, I was impressed. For it not to have been tagged over is a miracle. There were a lot of teenagers in the park too, just hanging out. Was gonna take Layna out of her stroller and snap a pic on a bridge, but as we came back through, there were kids on each side, so we kept walking.

When we made it back to the car, I was wet with sweat. More so than I was when I was push mowing! No....not really. It felt like it tho. Packed Layna in the car and blasted the air conditioning. Boy did it feel good! I think next time I'll either go earlier in the morning, or later in the evening.

We got home, and I decided to give Layna her sippy cup bottle with some apple juice in it. After some work, she held it by herself and drank almost all 2oz I gave her! I think she has problems drinking from that particular nipple, but she's getting the hang of it.

Me? I had two celery sticks with one tbsp of roasted red pepper hummus, along with some of that zero calorie water soda stuff from Wal-Mart, key lime flavor. A nice 40 calorie cool down snack.

Now I'm really needing to get up and wash dishes, but all I want to do is take a nap.

Maybe I won't dream about the poisonous snakes in town tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment