Thursday, September 11, 2014

Wow is about all I can say......

I have had a lot going on the past few days. It has been more bad than good, honestly.

Where can I start?

Ok, let me throw this out. I dislike people who brag and/or lie for attention or their own gain.

It is more than ok to brag if it is in the proud category, for instance your child performs well in a play/concert/performance. Or if you have worked hard or studied hard and you got promoted/graduated. Stuff like that is perfectly ok to brag about.

But when you brag about petty stuff, rubbing things in, or even lying about something you are bragging about? That is just wrong, and if you are like that, I probably don't like you.

You are not special because you spend more time with someone. You are not special when you make things up and lie about it to make you seem bigger, more important.

On to the next topic.

I left my family church, my home church, not because of the people in the church. The church was my family. I grew up with all the older people, I bonded with all the younger people, I loved the little kids. I left because a hypocrite was in the head position. One who talks about people behind their backs, one who lies about the pettiest of things. One who says she loves kids but has a short fuse with them, you can see the look on her face when they start getting on her nerves.

A person in a Godly position like that should not be acting that way. I could not consciously sit in a pew and look at her, listen to her preach about things that she herself had said and done.

I thought it best to just put it behind me and move on. You can forgive but not forget, right? You can forgive someone for being the way they are, acting the way they do. But that doesn't mean that you still don't hurt from what they've done. Forgiving someone doesn't mean you have to accept them. Just like gay/lesbian people. You can forgive them for their lifestyle, but that doesn't mean you have to accept that they live that way.

That being said, we had two church members pass away in the last month, one just yesterday. And one of our couples lost their son within the month as well. One member found out she has cancer.

Hearing all this saddened me. It made me miss my church family that much more. It made me want to go back, to surround myself with the comfort of my old home church. I was willing to try and put aside my feelings that I had, for the sake of the church and so that we could start regularly attending church again.

Then came the voicemail.

Wow, was the tone of that voicemail snarky, smart alec, hateful!

I did not disassociate myself from the people of the church, I speak to quite a few of them. We keep in touch, especially thanks to Facebook. No, I just disassociated myself from the person that was causing me the most turmoil and grief.

I am glad that I got the call that Mrs. Odell passed away, but that "simple" voicemail, the tone of voice, and the implications that were made, just pushed me further away from my church. Yes, it is my church. I grew up there, there were 4 generations (at least) before me there. I feel empty not going on Sunday mornings. But I would feel even more empty, as well as angry, sitting in that pew listening to someone who has spoken ill about half the people in the church.

BTW, those last two subjects weren't about the same person. Two (or more) separate people and incidents.

I also know that I am opening up a lot of cans of worms, but I don't care anymore. Life is too short to worry about what others think, you have to do what's best for you and your sanity, your family, your life. If that means shutting people out of your life that cause you grief and turmoil, then so be it.

On to the next one.

I dislike my child's pediatric office. I love Jennifer to death, and Gretchen is great too, but as for the rest, they are rude, unprofessional, and just plain stupid.

Last time I took her to the doctor she was covered in a rash. Completely covered. The nurse was shocked and baffled, although she had her "guess" as to what it was. The NP comes in, or at least I assume she was because she never told me who she was, took a look, turned around and left, and brought three more people with her. They were all flabbergasted, had no explanation of what was wrong with her, said it was viral, and sent us on our way.

Now, I made a comment to them that I thought it might be an allergic reaction to some wheat cereal I had given her. They were quick to say that it wasn't. So I quit giving it to her for about a month.....until yesterday.

Today? She's breaking out again. I don't think its a coincidence. Although, we did get attacked last night by mosquitoes/chiggers and seed ticks. Which brings me to another issue.

90+ degree weather, a delapitated (sp?) old wooden house with no air flow through it, full of cobwebs, brown recluse spiders, red wasps, and decaying rats, front yard full of ticks, chiggers, mosquitoes, and fleas. Does that sound like a place you want to spend the evening?

I am all for helping clean out an old house, as long as its not hot like it was last night, and its cleaned properly. If it hasn't been used in 40 years or more, it needs to go. If it's covered in rat poop, 6" of dust, or falling apart, throw it away. It does no good to shift stuff from one place to another, that's not cleaning.

Now, I'll be honest. After seeing all the hidden spiders, being covered with seed ticks and bug bites all over myself and my baby, I really don't want to be in that house for Halloween. Brown recluse spiders are not to be messed with. Dormant wasps hiding out indoors when it's cool/cold outside can be disrupted, pissed off, and attack. I don't want my child in that. I don't want her to even be in the front yard anymore! Poor baby has 5-6 bites on her head, and I found a seed tick on her ear this afternoon. So no, it is not my idea of fun to be in an environment like that.

As it is now, Layna is supposed to be in the fair pageant this Sunday, and she's broken out, her head, arms, and legs are covered in bug bites, her nose is running like crazy, and her eyes are red and puffy, oozing out green stuff. I am praying that she will clear up by Sunday, or at least enough to be presentable for the pageant. But, like my friend Brandy said, its all about the money. So we're screwed. Haha.

I have a lot more topics and issues I could talk about, but I'll save them for another bottle time....or crying fit, which is what we've had pretty much all afternoon/evening. She is finally asleep, which means I should be too.

No comments:

Post a Comment