Friday, September 19, 2014

Playing Catch Up

As Layna gets older, the harder she is to handle. She stays awake more often, she is crawling now (although still shaky), and she has to have me there with her all the time. If I try to leave the room, she starts bawling. This leaves me with not a lot of time to do much of anything. So needless to say, everything is falling behind. House needs cleaning, dishes need washed, and blog needs updating.

One thing that I can do is crochet, while I'm stuck sitting in my chair while she plays in the floor. I made Layna a black cat hat to match the Halloween onesie that her aunt Jessica gave her. I also made an orange one with a place for ribbon. Right now it has black Boo ribbon, for her black Boo-tiful onesie, but I also got pumpkins and a fall polka dot ribbon to change it out for other outfits.

I have been doing some bargain momma shopping again. I have been hitting the .50 Auction site on Facebook and getting quite a few good deals; got a Ralph Lauren romper for .50, a mirror to use for photos for $2.50, and a cute pair of pink and brown boots for Layna that I will be picking up this week for $2.00. As for yard sales, I got an umbrella stroller for $1.00, and I crocheted handle covers and two bottle holders for it. The lady that had it gave her a little pink fuzzy teddy bear for free, and I also got myself a couple of shirts for .50 a piece, a couple of DVD's for $1 each, and a case that I can use for my camera for .75. I went to an indoor ongoing yard sale and got a 1st Halloween bib and an Old Navy monkey costume for Layna, all for $4, and the lady gave her a free baby doll!

We've had some adventures and "firsts" too. Layna was in the baby show at the county fair and placed 3rd out of 20 baby girls in her age group. She was so pretty and did so good! She didn't get fussy, thank the Lord. Later that week we went to the fair during the day to see the exhibits and the animals. We ran into my neighbor/friend Karen and she held Layna while she pet a goat so I could take a picture. She wasn't afraid at all, actually reached out for the animals! She was amazed at the chickens and kept looking around as they clucked and cock-a-doodle-dooed. The rabbits she smiled at, and the one that Mr. Warren has out for the kids to pet she sat in front of and pet it for a minute. The last night of the fair we went to watch the mule events. At first she watched the mules, then she got captivated by the midway lights behind us and kept staring at them. We made our way to the midway and Daddy and I rode the carousel with her. We sat there forever before it started up, and she sat up on that horse, hands on the pole, like she knew what she was doing. Once it started tho, it went so fast I had a hard time holding on to her and keeping my balance, so Daddy had to hold her. She still had fun tho, and got to ride her very first ride at the fair. She also got a balloon that she was having fun playing with in the stroller.

I did something bold and daring yesterday and cut all my hair off. It actually is shorter than I wanted it to be because the lady didn't cut it the way I showed her in the picture I wanted it, she cut it a lot shorter. Its not too bad though, maybe today after I wash it and style it myself it'll be better. It will hopefully be a lot easier.

Its finally getting a bit cooler outside. Right now, at 7:45am, it is reading 51° outside, and if my thermometer on the fridge from Atlanta is working, it says its 60° in the kitchen. It feels so good! I can't wait till the days are this cool all day. Hoodies, jeans, sipping hot coffee (or tea), bonfires, hayrides, and dare I say snow this winter. Its funny, tho, that Layna hasn't really been growing, so all those winter sleepers and outfits I got at the baby shower that I had put away because I thought she'd be too big for I've had to dig back out so she can wear. They are 3-6 month outfits! She will be 9 months on the 8th.

Time sure flies. What is today again?

No comments:

Post a Comment