Tuesday, February 11, 2014

2am Randomness

What's on my mind this morning? 

1) I am SO greatful to my friend Loretta for not only handing down some of her daughter Lila's clothes for Layna, but for letting me use this cool sleeper contraption that Layna LOVES! She slept in it from the time we got home till now, only waking once before now for a bottle. We got home at 6pm!! 

2) What time periods, or decades, in the house building industry, did they start and stop including both a formal living room and a den? One was just for sitting and talking or entertaining, and one was for the TV. We had both in my parents house, my grandparents had it in both houses they had when I was growing up. My grandma's house has it, although the TV room was an add on to the house in 1979. Some older houses had both, some didn't. Do the newer houses being built today have both?

3) This cold or sinuses or whatever I have is kicking my butt! Tonight it developed into tooth pain along with the sore throat, headache, stuffy nose. I took one of my pain pills, a Percocet, and it helped the sore throat and headache but didn't touch the tooth pain. What helped, if only temporarily? Heat! Took a rice pack, heated it, and put it on my face where the tooth hurts, and the pain eased. Now to figure out how to clean out my nose....

4) Why oh why can't we get any snow???? I am sick of the false hopes and cold dreary days with no snow. No snow? Bring on the warmer weather! 

5) I really have to figure out my job situation. In a few weeks, after my 6 week healing period, I am gonna HAVE to do something. I can't depend on my grandma to help me pay my rent anymore. She will, but I shouldn't have to have her do that. It makes me feel so bad. 

6) Little Frogger just drank 3oz, which is good. The bad? I can't get her to burp. No matter what I do, sometimes she just won't burp. I know that's not good, but I don't know how to fix it either. 

7) I need Kleenex. I almost just had a leaky faucet all over Layna's face. Ewww! 

8) I am really in the mood to crochet. Not sure why, and don't know what I want to make either, but I want to do something. 

9) I am addicted to on-line shopping. I'm not sure if it is the easiness of it, or if it's the excitement of getting something in the mail. Right now I am expecting two books, a very unique baby book for Layna and a silly book with a profane title about babies and their lack of sleep. I am also expecting a charm bracelet that I had custom made with Layna's name, birthdate, and birthstone on it. I will add charms over the years, like a frog for my Frogger, a memorial charm for my mom, her grandma she'll never know (till Heaven), and will eventually pass it down to her. I am also expecting a FedEx delivery of a gift for someone who has helped me out so much through all of this with Lanya. He will be mad I spent money on him, but that's just how I am. I seriously think, tho, that I need an exchange pen pal. Someone that once a month we can send each other something in the mail. That way I am getting that excitement of getting something in the mail without having to go shopping and spend money. Of course, I'd be sending them something too, but it's not like I'd be selfishly spending money on myself. Now, how to find someone like that to do that with....

10) I have way too much on my mind at 2am! I need to change Layna's diaper and put us both back to sleep! 

Goodnight.....or should I say good morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment