Saturday, February 8, 2014

Sleep?

So I am confused tonight. Not only about the fact that there is snow coming yet we still are NOT getting it, but about how my baby girl is sleeping (or not sleeping). 

So I am sick, right? Sore throat, stuffy nose, aching all over, headache, the whole nine yards (and yes, I had a flu shot, while I was pregnant as a matter of fact). I have not been running a fever, although I have been hot and cold off and on. Been taking OTC meds and drinking hot tea for the throat. Not healing, but helping some. I really need rest, but that is laughable right now.

I'm now concerned that Layna may have some of it too. I finally got her to fall asleep tonight, but only by laying her on her stomach on my chest as I lay in bed. She slept like this for an hour, so I though I was safe laying her in her bassinet next to the bed. She stayed quiet for less than a minute, then she began to make rattling congestion sounds when she breathed. It, to me, sounded like she was having a hard time breathing. The longer she lay there, she started crying. 

I picked her up, laid her on my chest, and laid down. She immediately quietened and went back to sleep. Twenty minutes later tried laying her down again, same outcome. I eventually (right now) got up and gave her a bottle. After an ounce and a half she quit nursing the bottle and was drifting off. 

Came in here to change her diapey and she starts the rattling breathing again. Even her crying sounds hoarse. I tried using the bulb to see if I could suck anything out of her nose, no luck, nothing came out. 

So how do I get her to sleep if she is indeed sick and has a hard time sleeping on her back? I can't sleep with her on my chest all night. We're on round two of the bottle right now, maybe that will help. 

BTW, just looked outside, no snow. This is really getting old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment