Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Newborns and Feeding Times

As a new mom at 34, I have been learning lots of things. For one, I had never changed a diaper till my daughter was born. Never, not a real one anyway. Cabbage Patch Kid dolls don't count. I learned that an infant car seat is HEAVY, even though the baby only weighs 7lbs 15oz. I learned that having a C Section is no fun at all, especially the recovery. I learned who I can and can't count on when I really need someone. I also learned that you can forget eating because the baby knows exactly when you are going to eat and will start crying, even if she's just eaten.

But what I really learned most is that you will never sleep again. Especially if you are like me and are a single parent. Not only that, but I have a very hard time sleeping when it is daylight outside.

Right now my precious Layna is a month old and she sleeps during the day and cries at night. This has caused me to have little to no sleep, more on the no side. 12am, 1am, 2am...you get the point. I had begun posting on my Facebook page during our feeding times. For instance, 2:30am feeding; what I'm thinking about. It's funny, I was just doing them for fun. I missed one night because I had a headache and didn't post. A friend contacted me the next morning checking to make sure Layna and I were ok because she hadn't seen me post about our late night feedings.

So I thought why not start a blog? Random thoughts, things I have learned, funny sayings, maybe even some images of Layna and her mom's late night/early morning feeding times. It's too early tonight, but there may be another post later on, say, around 2am.

I hope you enjoy.

Holly and Layna

No comments:

Post a Comment