Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Snow, Sinuses, and Prayer

Tuesday was very rough on me. My sickness got worse. I felt so horrible. Went to the doctor, turns out I have a sinus infection! Got a whole slew of meds to take, and they are helping somewhat. 

That night, Layna cried. 

And cried.

And kept crying. I got to the point where I couldn't stand it and I cried. 

And cried.

was so upset I couldn't console her. I was upset that just being in my arms didn't soothe her. I was so stressed out from her reletless crying and my lack of sleep. Finally when Bugz came and got her I cried and cried and cried myself to sleep. 

I woke up at 4:30 am Wed in extreme pain. The crying so much had made me have to blow my nose so much that I had either popped my eardrum or the infection is now in my ear. It hurt so bad I almost cried again. I got up, went in the kitchen, and heated my mini rice pack that I have and sat in my chair with it on. Luckily Layna was still asleep; Bugz finally got her down at midnight. 

After settling the pain down some, I went back to bed. I got my heating pad and turned it on and laid it on my pillow, laying my ear down on it. Layna started to stir, so I picked her up and laid her on my chest and she fell back asleep. 

We woke up at 7am. I felt better getting more sleep, thank goodness, but the yucky infection just had me worn out. The day went by pretty good, she wasn't too fussy, we took a nap around 9am. 

The evening brought snow! Not anywhere near the 4-6" they called for, but still pretty nonetheless. As we sat and watched the snow fall, we got a bad phone call. Bugz's grandpa (Pa) has to go to St. Thomas's in the morning, and it's pretty serious. He left and went to stay the night with him and will be going to the hospital with him today. 

Please say a prayer for Bugz, his Pa, and the family. Pray that Pa's procedure goes well today and everything turns out ok. Pray that their drive to Nashville will be a safe one, as I'm not sure how much snow they got north of us. 

I had a screaming baby again after he left. Yet again she was wanting her bottle nonstop. Crying her head off and not stopping unless I gave her the bottle, even if she had just had it. Finally around 9:30 she started to settle some and finally drifted off.

Me? I couldn't sleep. Worried about Bugz and Pa, nervous being alone without Bugz beings this is only the second time he's been gone all night since Layna was born 5 weeks ago. I finally drifted off and we slept till 3:30. Bottle, diaper change, bottle, now trying to burp at 4:30. Hopefully we can rock and go back to sleep. Going to be a long day ahead of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment