Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Good With The Bad

Pa had a procedure done yesterday. They are waiting on the results of a biopsy before they can make the next step. Sadly, he knew what was going on and what might happen, and on Thursday, at the hospital, he made a request. He wanted all the kids, grandkids, great grandkids there with him. He also wanted a preacher there, because he wanted to get right with God. 

The only thing to do now is pray. Being almost 88 years old, whatever his body will have to go through will wear him out. Bugz refuses to leave the hospital till Pa gets to come home. 

Which leaves me with a fussy baby on my own. Needless to say I have had no sleep. And while it kills me that Bugz is not here, I know he's where he needs to be. 

We went to the hospital to see him and take him some clothes yesterday, and Layna got to meet the rest of the family she hadn't already met (minus a few kids that were too young for the hospital). She was passed around like a hot potato, going to almost everyone there. She was good the whole day! Got a little fussy right before we left to come home, around 7:30pm. Slept all the way home. Got home, got in the house, the fussy started. She didn't go to sleep till after midnight. And I say she slept.....she might not have. She was wide awake and she closed her eyes, and I fell asleep. She woke me at 2am for her bottle. 

Exhausted as I am, Layna's first Valentine's Day was memorable in so many ways. But the best was to know that she is being accepted and loved no matter what, and that I'm included in that too. You can't beat that. 


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. He has no money for a ring, and I'm ok with that right now. Rings don't really mean much, other than to show others your status. Do you know how many married men I've seen messing around still wearing their wedding rings? No, I'm ok without a ring right now, although I did give him one of my mom's rings and told him when he felt he wanted to, he could give it to me and I would wear it until he could afford to get me one, if it would make him feel better.

      Delete