Saturday, August 30, 2014

Randoms

Time for another randomly thrown together blog, starting at 1:30am today.

1) It is way too hot! I am so ready for Fall and cooler weather!

2) I crocheted Layna a bonnet to go with a dress I picked up for her for Old Timer's Day. Now just have to go get some ribbon.

3) Layna just fell back asleep, maybe I should too, and finish this over the next bottle. Haha!

4) I love photography. I may not be good at it, I may not have all the proper equipment, I may not have professional training, but I get a thrill from capturing, editing, and printing that perfect picture. Its as if I obsess over it. Sometimes I strive to get and edit that perfect picture of Layna, as if she's not sitting there right in front of me. I guess its because pictures freeze time, they capture memories, they help us to remember. My mom hated having her picture taken, so there aren't that many that I can share with Layna of the grandma she'll never meet (till Heaven, that is). I want to preserve her life, so that it can be shared with her future generations. And so I can remember.

5) I have a tooth or two that desperately need to be pulled. With no dental, they will have to wait. My mouth is killing me, but those are also the last two teeth I have to chew with, I hate to lose them. All I'd have left are front teeth. I pray Layna doesn't get my bad teeth, like I got my mom's.

6) I hate making trips to places 30-45 minutes away for one thing, then turn around and go back. If you are going to drive that far, make a day of it.

7) I hate driving and riding in the rain. People's driving makes me very nervous on wet, slick roads.

8) I just had a drunk guy in Murfreesboro try to get in the car with Layna and I while Bugz was paying for gas. I really need to get my carry permit, although its legal for me to carry loaded only in the car now. Might have to start doing that.

9) I really wish I had a pool so I could jump in and relax on the days it's so hot you can't stand to even breathe outside.

10) If I had had an extra $100 this evening, I would have bought a new pair of boots at French's. Love me some Ariat boots! Bugz ended up with some and he likes them. I already have four pair. Layna doesn't have Ariat boots, but she does have four hard-bottom pair and two soft pair for when her feet get a bit bigger.

11) My child hates to have her face wiped off while and right after eating. She's gonna have to get over that.

12) What sense does it make to have a yard sale and have all the baby clothes marked $1 a piece, but the adult clothes .25cents?

13) I have the beginnings of a sore throat. Ugh.

14) I am the bargain queen! Well, kinda. When it comes to some things I am. I went to a thrift store Thursday and got Layna a $49 walker for $5, only thing wrong is dead battery. Also got her 12 articles of clothing, most for .25 a piece, including a Roxy swimsuit she can wear when she fits in a 2T. The most expensive was the dress seen below. Paid $5, looked the brand up online, and they sell for $40-60!!! Friday I went to a yard sale and got her four outfits and myself two shirts and a dress, all for $5. Today I went to another yard sale and got about 7-8 more outfits for her, including a Titans cheerleader outfit, and myself two shirts and a pair of Cato jeans for $5!! This evening we went to get Bugz some work boots. Went to the bargain room and found a pair of used Ariat work boots. One of the lace hooks was missing. They were asking $49.99, where brand new price was probably well over $100. I asked them if it could be fixed and they said yes. Gave us the name of a guy that could fix them, then knocked off $20!! So yeah, I love me a bargain!

15) Layna and I both just jumped at a loud clap of thunder, and now the rain is picking up. Time for some good sleeping!

No comments:

Post a Comment