Tuesday, May 13, 2014

30 Day Photo Challenges

On Sunday there was another topic brought up that I'd like to talk about.

I had wandered down to the water on my own not long after we got there, and my photographer eye saw a perfect picture spot: On the hill, sloped down behind it, trees and the lake, sat a picnic table. I could just see the three of us sitting there on the table, with the water behind us, and have a great family picture done.

I come back up the hill and I tell Bugz I found a spot I wanted to have a picture of us taken at. He gets huffy and says he's tired of taking pictures. You see, if you remember, we took those at Short Springs, and he didn't want to do those either. He also got irritated earlier that morning when I asked him to take pictures of Layna and I while we were dressed up for our first Mother's Day. So needless to say, me mentioning that I wanted another picture of us together.

He said that we didn't need a picture of EVERY moment of her life. "Here is day 48, here is day 92, here is day 115!" My sis-in-law tried to help defend me, but I jumped in. I made the comment that my mom hated to have her picture taken, so there aren't a lot of pictures of her, let alone us together, and as for family pictures, there may be three or four total over my 24 years with my mom of the three of us together. Pictures, and very few videos, are all I have left of my mom. If it weren't for those pictures, I'd forget what she looked like.

I don't want to do that to Layna. I don't want something happening to me and/or her daddy and her not have pictures to remember us by. I want her to look back at pictures and see a happy family, a family that loved doing things together, having fun.

As he was being a smart a*% and talking about taking a picture of every moment of her life, it got me thinking.....what if I did a 30 day challenge? What if I took a different picture every day for 30 days and documented it in a photo album? It would be something that she could look back on when she's older and maybe even share with her own kids. It would be something that I could look back on and remember how much fun (or how stressful) it was to take them all and put them together.

I mentioned the idea to Bugz, and he said she's too little to do 30 different things. Well, I Googled a list today, and I found one. You can find the link below:

30 Day Baby Photo Challenge

I have a feeling that some of these might be a little hard, especially since I work during the week, but I am going to take the challenge! I think it is something that will be a great keepsake as well as a bonding experience with Layna. And if I can recruit Bugz to help me, it might be good for us all, as a family.

Upon searching for a challenge list, I came across a Pinterest page that has a TON of challenges on it! So I get to thinking, why don't I do one too? I couldn't exactly do the one for Layna (no one wants to see my bath time!), so I had to look over all these and find one for myself.

30 Day Photo Challenges on Pinterest

After looking over a few of them, noting that some are somewhat month-specific, like fall photos in November, I finally settled on one.

My 30 Day Photo Challenge

This was the one that I thought had the most easy things I could find to shoot (hopefully) and between Layna and I, we should have a blast trying to get this put together.

I will definitely be saving the Pinterest thread, for new challenges to follow once I finish this one. The month-specific challenges could be fun! Or I could make up my own combining some of the lists together. Now, if you know me, I love organization and whatnot, but I like to break the rules sometimes. This would be one of those times.

Normally you would start a 30 day challenge at the beginning of the month. Well, not me, at least not this time anyway. I am going to start as soon as possible! I know it will be difficult for me, beings I am working most of the day during the week....I will only have a few hours in the morning and a few in the evenings to get some of them done, so I'm going to break another rule. I am not going to follow the challenges in order by number. I know that's part of the "challenge" of it all, but with an infant, and me working, some days the challenge might just be impossible (like out & about or flowers, or even bath time, beings infants only get one-two a week).

So.....who's up to join me in this challenge? Yesterday I challenged you to clean and minimize your life, will you take this challenge too? You don't have to follow the same challenge that I did; just pick a challenge from the link I posted, one that fits you better, and go for it! You might have more fun than you think! If you decide to accept the challenge, let me know. I would love to see what you come up with! Maybe even start your own blog just for your 30 day challenge! Or, if you don't want to do that, make a scrap book, like this one and you can have each 30 day challenge (if you choose to do more than one) on a different page! The possibilities are endless!

Beings that we're talking about pictures, I was a little late in posting Layna's 4 month pics. There were a couple reasons : #1 She didn't smile and #2 I got her weight wrong. But after some creative editing on my part, I got the weight fixed and I ended up LOVING this little face she made. Who says she has to smile every time, right?



BTW, I never got that family picture at the lake. Figures.


No comments:

Post a Comment