Thursday, May 1, 2014

Regression?

Since I started working, things at my house have been off balance. Daddy doesn't take care of baby like Mommy does, so things have begun to regress.

He says she doesn't sleep during the day at all, but with me she'd take at least an hour long nap, if not longer. He says she'll sleep for five minutes then wake back up.

He says she won't drink all of her bottle, maybe just two ounces at a time. With me she'd drink at least four if not six. I solved part of that mystery: He was cutting the nipples for the cereal mixed milk to go thru and he didn't have to. It was coming out too fast and she couldn't drink it that way.

She has also been waking up at night. I had her where she was sleeping from 10-5 or later, now she doesn't want to go to sleep, then wakes up every three to four hours during the night. Yesterday she was up at 3:30 for a bottle, then was wide awake by 6:30 so that Daddy had to get up and stay up with her so I could go to work.

I am wondering if this is just the Daddy/Mommy switch making her this way, or if it's one of those "leaps" I've heard everyone talk about. There are certain leaps they take at certain weeks, and one mentioned a leap backwards, where sleep and eating habits would regress for a short time. If that's what it is, I hope it's over soon.

If it's the Daddy/Mommy switch, well, I'm not sure how to handle that. I know he doesn't hold her near as much as I did during the day. He can't handle an hour of crying and will lose it and pass her off as soon as I get home, and knowing him and how he is, I know he yells at her. Heck, I do it sometimes too, but his temper is shorter than mine.

This job will probably only last another week, as they have been doing interviews left and right, and I'm ok with that. I need something closer to home, so I can spend more time with Layna. Even better would be to find a job for Daddy so Mommy can stay at home. Maybe we need to move to a different town. Our little town has nothing. I'm not sure why so many classmates that went off to college came back here afterwards. Bankers, lawyers, teachers, doctors and NP's even! I get it, it's home, but there is nothing here. I don't even want Layna in this school system!

Now I am regressing. Haha! Time to get ready for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment