Friday, May 16, 2014

35 Years Ago......

May 16, 1979 was the day I was born. I don't know much about that day, nothing was ever really said about it. Was it a hard labor? How long did it last?

I do know that they didn't know if I was a boy or a girl, but I don't know which they wanted. I'm sure my dad wanted a boy; what guy doesn't, right?

I don't know if they wanted more kids, or why they didn't have more than me. I do know that they were married 7 years before they had me, but I don't know if it was by choice or if there were problems.

What I do know is how much they loved me. How much they did for me, provided for me, took care of me. We may not have had everything, but we had each other, and that's what matters.

I just hope I, we, can show Layna the same.

We went out to eat tonight, my little family, for my birthday. Of course we went Mexican, because that's my favorite. We had a great time and good food, although my stomach was a little upset by the time we got home.

Tomorrow plans to be another big day, if it all works out. Can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment