Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Fun!

Mother's Day was a new experience for me. It was the first one that I could really say, "I am a mom!" I never thought I'd say that, to be honest. And I am still in awe that I am. Some days its as if its not really real. I wouldn't trade Layna for the world! 

We got all dressed up....well, she did anyway....and headed to church. 


After church, we rushed home and got ready to go to Tim's Ford State Park to spend time with the in-laws and family. We rented a pavilion and had a picnic, complete with hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, potato and macaroni salad, baked beans, and for dessert Sun-Drop cake! While Papa Billy was cooking the meats, we sat around and visited. 




There was even a little swimming done, although Austin said the water was cold. Can't tell by the look on his face, huh?



Once we ate, the guys (and Jas) played a game of Ultimate Frisbee (or at least that's what they said it was). Poor Bugz thinks he may have broken his little toe. That's what he gets for wearing flip flops!




Once all the food was packed away, we left the coolers behind, got out the stroller, and took off for a hike. Thank goodness it was on a paved trail this time, that way Layna could chill in the stroller and her aunt Nae Nae could push her, beings she had hurt her foot. 





As you can see, Layna fell asleep. She slept for the most part. They had convinced me not to take the diaper bag, just bring a few diapers and a bottle. Little did we know that we would walk for almost THREE hours! About halfway, on the way back, Layna woke up and got a little fussy. Uncle Randy carried her all the way back. After a little bit of her bottle, and some spitting up, she did just fine the rest of the way. Can't say the same for the rest of us, we were exhausted!


We saw lots of interesting things on our walk, too. From unfamiliar trees to "naked" cedar trees, to the creatures of the forest. And let's not forget the creepy spider in the bathroom! He was almost as wide (legs and all) as the palm of my hand!







After the long, exhausting walk, we sat down to rest before packing everything else back up. The kids played Frisbee while us old fogeys drank water, ate cake, and moaned and groaned about hurting. Bugz was the worst, tho. His toe got worse and worse the more we walked. 


As we were packing up to go, Nanny decided that she was going to let Randy take her for a ride on his motorcycle! I don't know if she's ever been on one or not, but the way she was talking, probably not. 

Once her got her helmet secure, they took off. They went around to the marina and cabins and then came back. I got video of her leaving and coming back. This is of her coming back. The leaving is on my phone and I can't get it to post. You can tell by the video though that she liked it.



We stood around a bit longer, then finally headed out. After a long afternoon at the park (1:30pm to 7:30pm), we were ready to go home. We had a bunch of deer telling us goodbye as we left; this was the only one we stopped and took a picture of. He wasn't scared of the car at all.


All in all it was a great day! Even thought I didn't get anything for Mother's Day, and I didn't get to hold Layna as much as I would have liked, just seeing her adorable face was enough to make my day.



On the drive home we got to talking about a topic that I will talk about in my next blog post: Minimalist Living. It should be a good one!












No comments:

Post a Comment