Saturday, May 31, 2014

I Love Saturdays!

So yes, I love Saturdays, even though I don't have a job anymore. It seems as though I can get Bugz to do more things with me on Saturdays. Today was no exception. 


Thanks to Layna fussing all night, we were up early. Got to the Manchester farmer's market by 6:15am. Got some sweet potatoes, onions, radishes, sugar snap peas, and some pineapple zuchinni bread. Yum! We headed home after about 45 minutes, visited Shelia while we were there, then came home to rest.


We got a later start in the afternoon, but we ended up going to Mt. Juliet. Why did we go there?

Remember I am a bargain queen, and I got quite a few today!

We met this guy and I bought a color/night vision/sound/night light monitor from him for $25! Works perfectly!

From there we went to HomeGoods and TJ Max, which were both in the same store. We walked around both stores and I was not impressed in either one, especially for Layna's clothes. She started getting fussy, and we found this pink monkey toy that she liked. Got it for $5.50 + tax. When I got home I looked it up and I got a great deal on it!

http://tomy.com/missy-monkey

Next up was Old Navy. Our main goal was to look at the Buy One Get One Half Off Shorts for Bugz. They were way too expensive, so we looked at Layna's stuff. I ended up getting her a cute pink spaghetti strap romper and some old school Jellies. Ended up spending less than $10! 

Last stop was at Lifeway Christian Bookstore. I knew I couldn't spend a lot, so I bypassed all the VeggieTales movies I want to get for Layna and all the home decorations I would have loved to have. I browsed through the Bibles and came across one that intrigued me. I had never heard of the version, and I really like reading and comparing different versions. I found a copy on sale for $5! Regular price was $19.99!

From there it was a flop. We ate at Steak and Shake and they messed up our order. And it made me nauseous. Bugz sliced his finger open playing with my cup holder in the car. Layna has been fussy all day and last night. She just fell asleep (7:30pm) and Bugz is asleep too. I'm debating watching Hitler, but as little sleep as I got last night, I'm about ready to crash too.

Bugz did mention something today that made me think of a new challenge. He said Layna didn't need anymore clothes, she would never wear all she has now. Challenge accepted! Tomorrow is a new month, and she is going to wear every outfit she has (that fits now) at least once, and I'm gonna take pictures! This should be fun! I won't post them every day, maybe once a week do a collage. Now to dig through her closet.......


Oh, and see the mat behind her Jellies? Its a play and kick with the piano at the feet. Brand new are $40 at Walmart. I got this one for $20 and it is in almost perfect condition! I am the bargain queen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment