Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Family Weekend Day 2

So I know I am late. Things have been hectic for me these last few days for some reason. There will be two blogs today, this one and one randomness, because I feel random. 

Sunday was day two of the family time weekend. We went to church and had a little visitor sit with us throughout the sermon; little Lexxi. She was playing with Layna, and Layna would smile back at her. It was so cute. We had a great sermon, and we also found out the dates for our VBS next month, just don't know the times yet. 

After church we went next door to the schoolhouse for the England reunion. Can you believe that I left my camera in the car and didn't once take it out? Me, the one that can't go anywhere without a camera! I didn't even take any with my phone! My cousin Brittany took one of Layna with her son Weston, but I never really saw anyone else take any pictures. Its strange how we went from video taping (yes, WAY back when, in the '80s) to taking pictures, to eating and leaving quickly. That just goes to show you how society is changing. Back when, Sundays were for relaxing, spending time with family. Now its another retail day, people having to work, kids having ball games or practices, families always on the run. Its a shame we can't go back to those lazy Sundays.

Speaking of which, we did some running too. Because of our long fun day Saturday, we had to get Grammy Sue's groceries on Sunday. I was a mean person and asked Bugz to help me, so we could get done quicker. We went and got her money and list (and let her hold Layna while she took her bottle), then we headed out to get groceries. 

It was quite funny, Bugz did more shopping than I did! We went to K-Mart and I just wanted to go in quickly and get one thing (which they did not have) and leave. He ended up walking almost every baby isle, then we went to sporting goods, electronics, then on to toys. THEN we left. LOL! Wal-Mart was a little better, especially since they don't have squat to choose from for babies. We got her groceries and headed home, but not before a stop at Sonic, where I got a cotton candy slush with Nerds. Not great, not bad, wouldn't get it again. The peach with the Nerds was better.

By 7pm we were sitting in her living room, groceries put away, and trying to go home. Thanks to Layna getting fussy, we finally got home. I don't even remember what we ate for supper, I was that tired, but I was glad our little family got to spend another day together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment