Sunday, May 18, 2014

Family Weekend Day One

Yesterday was a fun filled day of adventure. Bugz let me decide what we were going to do (and hell froze over...lol), so we headed to Nashville.

First stop was the farmer's market. Wow that place is big! We put Layna in her stroller, picked one end, and started walking. Let me tell ya, if we didn't live in this scrappy place, I would have gone nuts buying flowers and plants for a garden. There was so much to choose from! I ended up with a chocolate mint plant, which I have a hard time finding.

There were a lot of high priced strawberries, which in my opinion didn't really look all that good. There were a lot of good looking veggies, but I ended up not buying any.

We went to a permanent flower market on the end and they had a lot of cool stuff. I could have gone crazy in there! I contained myself and bought a little ceramic frog.

As we made our way up the other side I got excited when I saw little goats on a table. Sure enough, he was selling milk, cheese, and yogurt. I bought two containers of cheese and got a brochure for taking a tour of the farm. That made the trip totally worth it.

We walked through the food court, and tho we weren't hungry, everything looked so good. There was an Indian place, so I am definitely hitting that one up next trip.

Once we realized we were really close to Antique Archaeology, we decided to go there next. The place was packed. There was a chick singing in there, too. It is WAY smaller than I thought it would be! On tv it looked huge! We had a hard time maneuvering Layna's stroller for the size and all the people.

We took a look at everything, fell over at the high priced t-shirts, and didn't have any luck finding Mike or Frank. I bought Bugz a shot glass for his collection and we headed out.

We rode around here and there and wound up at Green Hills Mall. I had never been, and neither had Bugz, although he built part of the parking garage. We parked and went in. Let me tell ya, I won't go back. You have to have lots of $$$$ to shop there. We made it halfway through and Layna started throwing a fit. We both lost our tempers, so we went to the car, cooled off, and left. I did find Shalimar while we were there tho. Its an Indian restaurant over by the mall that I've heard is fantastic. Will have to go back and try it out.

After a quick stop at McDonald's, we got back on the Interstate and headed towards a Goodwill that we saw off to the side on the way in. Once we figured out how to get to it, we pulled up and the sign said both retail and outlet. Well, we didn't know what was what, so we picked a door and went in.

BOY did we we not know what we go ourselves into! It was a huge room with scales and huge blue bins on rollers FULL of stuff. You literally had to dig. It was so bad they sold gloves for $1 at the registers, so you could dig without getting dirty.

After a few minutes of digging, we realized that all this stuff was more than likely the stuff that didn't pass the test and didn't make it into the retail store. There were all kinds of things! The first bin I dug in I found one of those sofa tables, the one with the hinges on the bottom that goes over the arm of the chair/sofa. It had a $5.99 price tag on it, but I grabbed it anyway, it would come in.handy.

Once we dug through about 6 bins or so, Bugz points out a sign on one of the pillars; everything is sold by weight! Books were so much a lb, home goods were less the more lbs you bought. It was all so cheap! Making our way around, I ended up with a stadium seat with a back on it and carrying strap, a hard case car cooler/warmer that would probably hold a 6 pack or two and has a carrying strap and cup holders (untested, of course, have to plug it in the cigarette lighter), and about 5 books.

Bugz notices a sign that reads "Golf club bag and 14 clubs $6.99". He got excited like I did with the goat cheese. Granted, they were in rough shape, but to just practice with that was a steal. He picked them out, and got a great bag. We went to check out and got all that for $20!

We drove around to the front of the building and went into the retail store. Ended up with four dresses for Layna, a little owl kitchen timer, and a pair of pink plaid mud boots, all for $17.

By this time it's 7pm, and we'd been in Nashville since 11am at the farmer's market, so we head home. A long, fun family day. I hope we can do it again soon.

Today is the England family reunion after church. Good food and great family. Should be another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment