Monday, May 5, 2014

Friday the 13th on a Monday!!

So today has been absolutely horrible. Started out me having a really bad dream and waking up wide awake at midnight-thirty. I could not go back to sleep for nothing. Funny thing is Layna slept all night. She didn't wake up till I got ready to leave for work.

Which was late. Because of the lack of sleep I was dragging. Because I was dragging I forgot my sodas for my lunch. I also put in a shirt that was way too tight and ended up being even later by going to Wal-Mart to buy a new shirt. Get to the register and found out that Bugz (the so) had my debit card. Luckily I had my Families First card.

Ten minutes late to work. HR gives me the time cards to work on. Funny they give me a job like that when they aren't keeping me. Anyway, I start working on them. I get a little confused but keep going. Got them all done but three, get confused again and realize I messed them all up. Had to keep asking questions to make my brain wrap around it. The bad thing is I've done it before, so it's not like it was hard. Talk about making me look stupid! Finally got them all done and good. Phone rang off the hook all day, even during lunch. Finally came going home time. Wahoo!

Stop at Wal-Mart again to pick up stuff I needed; shampoo, body wash, bread, pasta. Walking around in the store, I get dizzy. Was light headed all day, but really gets worse in there. Get checked out, head home.

Get home, I have to hear how Layna has fussed and cried all day. After about 30 minutes, I get to experience it. Nothing stops her crying. We finally go sit outside for a while, and she calms down a bit. Go back inside, she's fussy again. So, even though she just drank 4oz, I fixed a 6oz bottle, which fills to about 7 when mixed, and she drank half. Now she's struggling to keep her eyes open.

After a great weekend, today felt like a full moon day, or a Friday the 13th!

Saturday the three of us went to a small town down the road and hit their city wide yard sale. 9:30am to 1:30 pm we shopped. I got so many great deals! A Rock and Play for $5, a bag of clothes Layna's size for $2, two beautiful dresses for her for $5, and a huge metal hiking backpack carrier for $15!! Those things are $150 brand new!! We took a ride in the country, then we headed home.

We had a great day at church yesterday, and I was very moved by how much work the St. Mark's UMC church in Murfreesboro does to help others. I was fighting back tears from the kindness that they show others. I really hope our church can do some of that too, especially the Red Bird mission.

After church we had a great meal at the in-laws house and then cake and ice cream for Caylee, Layna's cousin.

Finally we head to Short Springs for a hike. If you aren't from my area, it is a beautiful hiking area, with waterfalls and wildflower trails. We probably hiked at least 3 miles, give or take. We were all worn out from the hills, but we had a blast. We climbed the biggest fall, Machine Fall, and our nephew Austin got up under the water! I took a bunch of photos, so I will share just a few. I can't wait to see the MIL's pics, she got one of all us kids in front of the falls.

Big plans for next weekend. Weather permitting, another hike on Sat morning, followed by a tractor pull. Sunday church and then Tim's Ford State Park for a Mother's Day picnic and hike. I love weekends!

By the way, we are watching 2 Guns and it is totally making me have a crush on Donnie Walburg. Haha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment