Sunday, May 25, 2014

Christening/Baptism/Confirmation

So, I really don't know what to call it, honestly. I seriously thought it was Christening when children were babies, but our Methodist hymnal says Confirmation, and Pastor Linda called it Baptism.

Whatever it was, it was this morning during church. I was worried she'd be fussy but she did SO good! She smiled during the responsive readings and didn't cry as Pastor Linda poured the water over her head. She just grinned at PL as she spoke, it was so adorable. I almost wish we'd had a video of it.

Her godparents were up there with us and got to participate in the proceedings too. My grandparents were there, and my dad held Layna for the first time! We also got a four generation picture with Grammy Sue and Pop.

We went to Nanny and Papa Billy's for a late lunch and then we went to hear Uncle Randy preach a very good sermon. 

Now its bedtime! Getting up early for a cookout at Nanny and Papa's tomorrow. Good food, good company, and water balloon fights.Fun fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment