Saturday, March 15, 2014

Busy Day!

We had a busy day yesterday! Started out me getting VERY irate at the dog for taking off at morning potty time and staying gone an hour and a half. Needless to say she went directly into her crate when she got back and didn't come out. 

The plan was to go to the big city of Murfreesboro (haha) and find some clothes for my new job, as well as spend Layna's gift card from Target (she is finally out of Newborn size!) Thanks to the dog, we got a late start. 

We hit up all kinds of places. Got Layna a cute outfit, sleeper, Easter bib, rabbit beanie, and strap on sunglasses at Target. We then hit The Avenue and all the baby stores. Good thing I am broke, I could have gone nuts spending money in some of those places. Why are children's clothes so expensive? I ended up just buying one shirt from Carter's that should fit her for a few months (for $8 it better!) and refrained from spending any more. (Checked Old Navy for myself and for her, was very disappointed in their clearance section, which is usually fab!)

Then we headed to Goodwill. I really don't like the old Goodwill store (couldn't find the new one) but I figured that would be the only place to find reasonably priced work shirts. I found one. Ended up getting Layna five or six pieces. 

From there we went to see my grandparents, my mom's parents. I hadn't seen them in about four years. I don't know what happened, but after my grandmother had surgery back those years ago, they quit talking to me. That whole side of the family did. It was very hard for me. I had spent every Thanksgiving and Christmas with them since I was born (unless we were too sick to go). 

When they found out I had Layna, they contacted me. I told them I would bring her to see them. I figured I needed to do it now, before I start working. 

I had been told that their memory was going some. It seems to be the short term. They had no problems remembering things from 60 years ago, but couldn't remember something said two minutes before. I had to tell my granddaddy how old Layna is six times in the hour and a half we were there. Grandmother repeated three times that my uncle and my cousin's kids had just been there and I missed them. Granddaddy could remember when I was there a LONG time ago and had to drive home in the rain in the dark, but he couldn't remember where to put Layna in the car after I had just told him. He even went to the driver door and asked me if that was the right door. 

Lord bless them. It has to be hard. I can only pray it doesn't get worse. They have already had so many problems as it is. I am so glad they got to see Layna tho. Granddaddy didn't hold her, but she sure liked to look at him. Crained her neck to follow him as he walked behind her! Grandmother just couldn't get enough of her. She held her most of the time. Even gave her her bottle! I know they miss my mom, so I'm glad they got to see Layna. 

Here is Granny Jo Jo holding Layna, with Granddaddy behind them. Notice she's looking back at him.  <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment