Thursday, March 13, 2014

What I Did This Afternoon

Layna had her 2 Month shots today. Although she did well right after getting them and settled down quickly, a few hours later she was screaming and very hard to console. We laid down and took a nap together, which helped a bit, but as soon as I decided to get up, she woke up and the screaming started again. So basically I've been sitting in my chair with her in her bouncy seat and me bouncing it. If I stop and walk away, the crying starts again. Stuck in my chair, I've been reading the news. Here are the articles that interested me and/or made me mad. Take a few minutes and read some of them. 

First up is a sad story. This one is hard to judge because of the way it's written. It could have been an act of (stupid) mercy on the parent's part, or selfishness in dealing with the illnesses. Either way, your heart breaks for the innocent child. 


Up next is an uplifting story with a little humor. The reasoning behind why it was done is the best part. No one should be afraid of cops (under normal circumstances....there are some that abuse their power) and this shows that they care about their community and can have a little fun with the kids too. I have to admit, tho, that the story is poorly written, but that is normal for Fox 17's website. 


This one should be common sense, but I am guilty sometimes of the smartphone issue. It is really something to think about in parenting your infant child. 


I am not sure how I feel about this one. I am glad that they can say Merry Christmas again, that is a blessing, but I'm not sure that I like the mixing of religious symbols on signs and displays. Younger, more impressionable children could get confused with what symbols go with what religions. 

This is yet another one that is hard to know what to support and what to be mad about. I totally understand why the school did what they did; they don't want the child hurt. But instead of telling him he can't bring his bag, they should punish the kids so they know not to do it again. In my school days, if kids acted the way these are, they saw a nice wooden paddle, and I can guarantee you they almost always didn't do it again (some dummies just didn't get it). What I find most hilarious tho is the mother's quote....and I wonder if she realizes how stupid she sounded. Here is her quote: 

"Saying a lunchbox is a trigger for bullying is like saying a short skirt is a trigger for rape," she said. "It's flawed logic; it doesn't make any sense."

Seriously mom? What disgusting rapist wouldn't be more enticed by a teen girl dressed in a short skirt, showing off all he wants to see? I mean, he's going to do it whether or not she's wearing that skirt, but the skirt is going to make her that more appealing to him, if she wasn't already before. My daughter will not wear short skirts. 


This one I know I'll get flack for with my opinion, but I don't care. This one irritates me to no end. While the article is written about the humility - the forgiveness of the driver by the mother, the mother's guilt of not watching her child - it's just crazy. I mean, they make it seem like she is doing the driver a favor. The driver did absolutely nothing wrong, she doesn't have a right to be mad at him! If anything, she needs to be advocating to all mothers out there to NOT lose sight of their children as they play in the yard, especially if you live on a highway, and even more so if you have a child with special needs that doesn't quite know better not to run out in the road. Had the mother even taught her children not to do so? I feel for both parties in this situation, both the mother and the driver, but more so the driver. He will be scarred for life because of what happened. 


This is just hilarious. After reading the saddening loss of the writer's twins, she turns light hearted with some new, trendy baby names. Now, I'm all for different (Layna JoLynn), but #3? I don't even know how to pronounce it! Poor kid would have a hard time spelling it! People these days. Sheesh! 


Another funny that is also SO true! The hair and crying are ones I deal with almost every time I go out. "Oh, is it a boy or a girl?" Well, let's see....in a pink car seat, wearing all pink, bow on her head, pink paci, pink bottle, and even a pink blanket. Yep, it's a boy. 


These last two have nothing to do with kids, they are just feel-good stories that everyone should read. Although the dog could be considered a child, as most pets are like children to people. This story warmed my heart and brought a tear to my eye. 

And finally, Duck Dynasty....enough said. 








No comments:

Post a Comment