Thursday, March 20, 2014

Throwback Thursday

So on Facebook we'd all do the Throwback Thursday. I've even seen it on Twitter (I follow the Nascar drivers on there). Well, I thought I'd do a throwback on here tonight. 

My throwback is from me missing my mom really bad today. I did a bold thing today, one which was very hard on me, especially when my dumb luck kicked in.

I decided to pack away almost all the momentos that people had given me when my mom passed away. It's been over 11 years, I thought it was time. I took the two Willow Tree collectible angels, a picture of myself and Mom, and a small ceramic Daughter sign that my grandparents had given Mom while she was sick, and displayed them in Layna's room. I also had a small stuffed monkey that I had bought for Mom right before she passed. They had it out for early Valentine's Day and I had bought it for her. It had Velcro hands, so it was attached to her hospital bed in the living room at the house. I carried it with me to the funeral, even held it at the graveside. It had been sitting on the shelf of momentos, and had collected dust, so I threw it in the washer and when it dries I'll put it in Layna's room too. 

My dumb luck came when putting all the momentos away. Had a beautiful ceramic hand with a cherub leaned in the palm that the Bogles had given me at the funeral. It slipped off the sofa and even though I have carpet, it's thin and not soft at all, so of course the hand shattered. There was no gluing back together; it had broken in too many pieces. I got so upset at myself I had to just sit down and relax. 

I miss my mom so much. I wish she was here to give me advice and help with Layna, to hold her and love on her the way a Granny should, spoil her rotten. She would love her to death, I know she would. 

As I was cleaning today (did some rearranging) I came across a small photo album with pics of my mom in it, some of her and me together. I saw this one and the first thing I thought of was how Layna's ears stick out the same way. Although she looks more and more like her no good sperm doner every day, I can't deny her either. My chubby cheeks, small nose, and big ears.  :)

Mom and I, not sure how old I was.

Layna at 2 months. Kinda hard to see both ears to get the full effect. Haha! 


No comments:

Post a Comment