Sunday, March 23, 2014

Random Is the Name

1) For some reason, Layna's normal bottle and sleep time is totally off tonight. She's usually asleep by 8:30-9pm. It's midnight and she's awake. Had a bottle at 11. Gonna be a long night. 

2) I watched a horrible movie tonight. It was not what I thought it was going to be. I totally did not want to see Harry Potter (and seriously, his character looked like Harry Potter, glasses and all) making out with one guy and having sex with another. I can never watch Harry Potter the same now, knowing that he played a roll like that. Bleh! (Please don't think I am a homophobe, because I'm not. I have gay friends. I just didn't want to see H.P. in that position.)

3) I got Layna to really smile the other day, and made sure I grabbed my phone and had it ready when she did. 
Note two things: 1- She's wearing a boy's bib and 2- Her onesie from Walmart is misspelled. Haha! 

4) I have now been visited by AF for the first time since having Layna. What is AF? "Aunt Flo". Let me tell you, she is really giving it to me this time. I want to be pregnant again, just so I don't have to worry about AF anymore. It was so nice those 11 months I didn't have to! 

5) It is now 4am and we're doing the bottle again. We slept for a few hours, which was good I guess. 

6) It must be raining pretty good, could hear the water pouring off my roof in the bedroom. Time to check for leaky walls.  :/

7) I'm working on a light pink and camo crochet blanket for Layna. Also still working on her christening gown, but had to take a break from it because it was driving me nuts.

8) My left arm is going numb from the weight of Layna's head propped on it. 

9) I really need to get that cool mist humidifier set up in the bedroom; even I am getting a dried out nose and dry mouth overnight.  :(

10) I am in the process of reading two books. One is about colic and the other is "The Lovely Bones". I had bought that book a long time ago with intentions of reading it, but have since watched the movie. It was a great movie, but like all book to movie productions, it is different. I am not even through the first chapter and already there are SO many differences. Her Heaven is totally different, the way in which "it" happened was edited in the movie. Even her jingle hat was different; in the movie her mom had just given it to her, in the book she got it "one Christmas". The books are usually so much better, and this one seems to be so far. 

11) Beings this is randomness, I can stop on whatever number I want, right? Hehe.

12) Early last night Layna fell asleep suddenly as I was laying propped up in the bed with the heating pad on (thanks AF!). I propped her on the Boppy-like pillow (not Boppy brand). She leaned over and fell asleep, was the cutest thing! 
She didn't stay that way long. I tried to put her in her Rock and Play and she instantly woke up. Of course. 

13) It is now 4:12am and she has stopped drinking and fell back asleep....she only drank maybe one ounce. Oh well, at least we can sleep a little longer. Don't want to fall asleep in church tomorrow! 

14) Couldn't stop on 13. Not superstitious but not taking any chances either. 

15) Supposed to watch Catching Fire today at the in-laws. Can't wait!

16) I was told not long ago that I need to watch what I say about particular subjects, as to not offend people. Let's think about that. In order for someone to feel offended there has to be a few factors. One, they feel guilty because it is true and they don't want to have to face the truth, and that offends them. Two, if what is said is a lie, then that can be offensive to the person. Three would be if someone intentionally made fun of a bad situation in someone's life (a death, loss of job, their weight, mental stablilty, etc) and they feel offended by it. My "offense" fits under number one. They don't want to admit that I was right and they feel guilty about it, thus crying out in defeat as saying they were offended by my words. Let me tell you something; I am entitled to my opinion, everyone is, and I'm not going to hold back and not say what I feel just because I might offend someone. People get offended every day. I am offended that since my Facebook absence all these "friends" have yet to check on me by other means. One of them has, and that's it. If they read my blog they don't leave comments. I am offended, yes, but I'm not going to go crying to someone telling them to make my "friends" write me or check on me or call me (don't call, I hate talking on the phone). I will continue to do what I do. I may even stay off Facebook permanently, with the exception of checking on family members out of town. 

17) I am tired, and even to me that last random is a little confusing. Layna is asleep, think I need to be too. 




No comments:

Post a Comment