Tuesday, March 18, 2014

No Luck for Me

Well, St. Patty's Day was not so lucky for me. For starters, I was supposed to hear from Cracker Barrel about the job, and I didn't. It really depressed me, because I know I need a job. The more I think about it, tho, the more I don't want to work. I want to stay home, I want to raise Layna, not work long hours and be away from her. If I knew I could depend on the SO to keep this job he has and pay rent then I could stay home. The only thing is I would not expect him to pay my car insurance. I mean, it's not his car, even tho he drives it when we go places together. What to do, what to do?

Second off, I woke up at midnight last night sick at my stomach. I thought it would just pass like it usually does. Not this time. I prayed to the porcelain god. I do not usually do that. Over the past 11 years (at least, probably longer) the only few times I have thrown up was when 1) I had a kidney stone 2) Acid reflux while carrying Layna 3) Going into labor. That said, I don't have pain from a kidney stone, and I did not have acid reflux. I now have a headache and sore throat. 

I cooked supper last night, so if the food made me hurl I have no idea why. I never throw up after eating something that has upset my stomach (except the one time with the acid reflux). In all those years, all the times I accidentally ate something with lactose in it and I got sick, I never threw up. I got nauseous, for sure, but never went past that. So what happened? Why did I get sick? 

I guess it was kinda luck after all. If Cracker Barrel had called, I might have had to start orientation today, and I sure don't feel like doing much of anything besides take care of Layna. Hopefully she'll sleep and not cry a lot and let me get some rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment