Monday, March 24, 2014

Funday Sunday

So Layna got to experience her first birthday celebration yesterday. In the SO's family, everyone gets a birthday cake on the Sunday closest to their birthday. Jessica's was a little late this month because of Pa's passing and all the drama from it. 
I was so proud of Layna, she just sat there and didn't cry. It's tradition that the birthday person have their picture taken with all the kids. Funny thing, there are 15 grandkids, but they aren't all down there anymore, so there aren't near as many in this pic as there should be. And they always include any extras that are there; Hunter's friend and Kyle's girlfriend are in this one. 

The cake was so good! It was a SunDrop cake, but made with orange soda instead. Yum! Now I'm wondering all the possibilities of other cakes that could be made; grape soda, root beer, pineapple, strawberry, cream soda....man I'm getting hungry! 

At church I got to see the baptismal font. It's beautiful! Now I just have to finish Layna's christening gown so we can have the ceremony. 

Next Sunday I get to lead the hymn sing. I am very nervous about this because 1) we don't have a piano player and 2) Pastor Linda has picked out all the songs, so I don't know if I will know them all or not. Praying it will all go ok. 

It is 3:30am and Layna is wide awake. She's stretching and kicking and hitting me in the face while taking her bottle. Fun times! Is it bad that I call her little s**t when she wiggles so much she clocks me, jerks the bottle out of her mouth, and kicks the phone out of my hand? All at once? 

No comments:

Post a Comment