Saturday, March 1, 2014

Did You See the Price Tag on Those Shoes?

In the adventures of being a new mommy, I am learning things every day. For instance, after a 2am bottle, if I want to get any sleep, I have to change her diaper BEFORE the bottle. That way when she falls asleep drinking, I don't have to worry about waking her up to change her. I have also learned I don't like onesies that have to go over the head and button at the crotch. They are great for a quick diaper change, but getting on and off is a pain! Same goes for two piece outfits with pants she can wiggle out of. 

I have also learned that my LO (little one) can kick off socks faster than a cheeta can run! Her feet and hands stay cold constantly, yet she hates to have any kind of blanket or covering on her. Now, with the zipper or buttoned footed onesie outfits she has no choice, they are not coming off her feet, but anything else is off in a flash. She even wiggles out of being swaddled! 

So, because of that reason, I decided to buy her some shoes. If you are like me, your first thought is "Why does a two month old need shoes? She's not going for a walk!" As I said, beings she can't keep socks on, I thought maybe she couldn't kick shoes off. 

I had shoes given to me at the baby shower, but none in newborn size, which is what she is still in. We were shopping in Burkes Outlet last night and I came across one pair (seriously, only one?) of newborn shoes. They were adorable, and only $4.99, so I got them. Brown canvas, pink laces and accents, and a white sole, with a little pink elephant on them. We put them on as soon as we got home and they are SO cute! 

Me being a woman, tho, I have to match everything. She has a lot of black, yellow, and green/blue flower outfits, and brown and pink shoes just won't match! Cue some eBay shopping! I hop on the eBay app, type in "newborn shoes" and go at it. 

Holy crap! All I wanted was a simple pair of white shoes, reasonably priced. I came across crocheted shoes and booties, which both I can make and they wouldn't stay on her feet anyway. The rest? Totally outrageously priced! I mean, come on! She's only gonna wear them maybe a couple of months, and she's not gonna go for a stroll in them. Why so expensive for a two month old?!?

I found Converse for $25, Adidis for $35, even Nike socks for two pair at $15. Socks for $15???? Even the simple pairs were $15 or more. 

This one, tho, takes the cake. Anyone who would drop this kind of money for a pair of INFANT shoes is out of their mind. 


Polo Ralph Lauren Tavin Boy Girl Boots Baby Size 0 EUC Newborn Leather Shoes  

http://bit.ly/1hsJ5z0

I understand they are leather, and name brand (and cute!), but seriously, that much money for only a month or two? No freaking way. 

I am even leary of paying $10 for a pair. The $4.99 shoes I bought last night are about as much as I'd want to pay. I can understand paying big bucks for an adult shoe, they should last quite a few years. I have no problem dropping $50-$100 on a good pair of Ariat boots that will last me at least 6-7 years. But to pay big bucks for a baby shoe that will only be worn a few months? As Uncle Si says....Naw. The only exception will be that she will have to have a pair of cowboy boots at some point, for the wedding. For that I will pay a little more. 

So it is now my mission to find an inexpensive pair of white shoes. I may be out of luck, considering eBay is usually the place for bargains, but I'm gonna try. 

BTW, she slept for three hours in her shoes and threw a kick fit when she woke up wanting a bottle....the shoes were still on. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment