Saturday, April 26, 2014

Bargain Momma!

So a while back I mentioned that I had gotten some awesome deals on dresses for Layna, for next year. Three dressy dresses for $3.99 each!

Well, I was browsing Craigslist yesterday and I found a jumper. One of those really high dollar jumper contraptions. The lady was asking $30! Now, I'm thinking that even if it's a little dirty and she's too small for it right now, it can be cleaned and she will love it one day, AND $30 is better than $100+. So I send the lady a msg and set a time to meet up today.

After our pancake breakfast for the kids at church, I headed to meet her. We get there (Layna and I) and it's an older lady and man, maybe in their late 50's, with a little boy. She jumps out and after saying she doesn't think it will fit in my car, she wants to know if I have my baby with me, and goes to the back seat of my car.

A lot of "Aw she's adorable, she's tiny, she's too small for it right now but she'll grow in to it......" we discuss having to tear the jumper down to get it in my trunk. We walk over to their van and they lift the hatch. There the jumper sits, looking like it's NEVER been used!!! We get it torn apart and put in the trunk, and she offers me one of those ball-blowing elephant things for $3, and I say why not!

She tries to give me advice on raising Layna, give me a 2011 magazine about kids with a Biblical foundation, and then we part ways. I sit in my car and think SCORE!! Do you realized how much money you saved today, Holly? Because you are good like that.

I think that $33 for the jumper and elephant was an awesome deal, and a great investment of a portion of Layna's Easter prize egg money. Especially since Daddy isn't working, and Mommy's temp job may be over at the end of this coming week, not to mention I had to buy back brakes for my car today, and will have to get front ones soon.

Today was a pretty good day, for the most part. Our pancake breakfast didn't have a great turnout, but they still made a lot of money. One of our mommys had a seizure and they had to take her home. We had a good time at my Dad's changing the brakes, while they worked we went to see Grammy Sue and then back over to Daddy and Pop. We sat there talking for a while and Pop actually tried to play with Layna a bit. She held on to his finger! Got a little bit of attitude tonight and now I'm in a two story house (great old song).

Layna has fallen asleep, and I can't hold my eyes open either. Another long day ahead of us tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment