Monday, April 28, 2014

Sunday Funday, Not So Monday

Yesterday started out very bad. Sadie, the dog, went missing before church. We went on ahead and came back to look for her afterwards. Found her, but she jumped in my car and peed on the back seat. Needless to say the ride to the in-laws was very quiet after that.

Had a great meal with them, then sat around visiting. They wanted to go hiking at Old Stone Fort and I just knew Bugz would say no. But he said yes!! So away we go.

We got there and it was sprinkling. We just knew there was going to be a downpour or storm roll in on us, but we were lucky and missed it all. It started raining as soon as we got home.

It was Layna's first hike, and her first big experience outside. Other than spitting up from the shaking in the carrier, she did excellent! No crying or fussing, and she held on to my fingers the whole time. We even dipped her toes in the Duck River! She didn't like that because the water was cold. She didn't cry, tho, so I was surprised.

We all have a great time! And we got confirmation on who Layna's godparents are going to be. I am so happy that they said yes! I think they will be great spiritually for her, and if something were to ever happen to us, they will make great parents for her. She will be truly blessed.

Today has been horrible so far. Been fighting a horrible headache since 1am. Called in to work, just can't deal with a ringing phone with a headache, much less the long drive there. On top of that, there are deadly storms moving in. Bad tornadoes have already killed 17 from this system. As I sit here now writing, the winds are starting to pick up quite a bit. I don't want to be that far away from my baby if something were to happen. And I definitely don't want to be out on the road in it all. Tornadoes, high winds, lightning, hail....no, I'd rather be at home with my baby. Granted, I'm in a trailer, but we can go to safety if we have to.

I am really not looking forward to this day and all the potential bad weather. It scares me. But what can you do other than pray for safety? And pray for those poor souls in Arkansas, Oklahoma, and even North Carolina whose houses and businesses have been leveled.

It is going to be a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment