Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Too Many Thoughts!

It's been too many days since I blogged and I have so much on my mind to talk about! From gender neutral colors to slowing down while driving, from stupid lactose intolerance to sharp baby nails. This randomness might be long, so get ready!

1) I was born in May 1979. I reckon back then they didn't do gender reading on ultrasounds (did they even do ultrasounds? lol). So, you didn't know what you were having. I recently went to my dad's and went upstairs to the storage area (long story there). Was looking for my old My Little Pony dolls, which I did not find, and came across a bag of my baby stuff. I brought it down to go through. I laughed. There was a lot of yellow and clowns. There were mostly gender neutral patterns, but a lot of it looked more like for a boy. I would say it was because of the unknown before I got here, but even some of my older clothes, bought after I was born, looked very boyish. Maybe that's why I was a tomboy. Which brings me to....

2) Who says that blues and greens and browns and yellows have to be just for boys? While green and yellow are neutral colors, they don't mean the wearer is a boy! I had Layna in the cutest little long shirt from Carter's yesterday, and because it was blues, she was called a he numerous times. Now granted, in her car carrier you couldn't tell how girly her shirt was, but just because she's wearing blue doesn't make her a boy! I guess she's gonna have to wear a bow on her head from now on. 

3) Speaking of Layna, her nails are driving me nuts! They get sharp so quickly its hard to keep them trimmed. You have to get her when she's dead to the world asleep and cut them. Well, when she's that way I'm usually asleep myself or getting big chores done. Then she wiggles and punches and scratches me while I'm holding her. Which brings me to....

4) Cussing your child. As a Christian, I know it's wrong to cuss. As a human, I know it happens, especially when I get frustrated. And yes, I cuss my child. When it's 3:30am and she's wiggling and fighting me while taking her bottle,  when she was sound asleep right up to the moment I get in the shower and she starts screaming, when she's crying non stop and nothing you do makes her stop. Yeah, that's when it comes out, in frustration. Little s**t is the most used, s**t head comes out too. I feel bad, but when I get that frustrated it comes out. I have to learn to quit soon, before she gets to the age where she knows what I'm saying.

5) The bf's nephew had a bad wreck Sunday after church. We just happened to be coming along right after it happened. Things happen for a reason; we skipped church that morning, so we're on our way to his parents early, and came upon the wreck. He's only 16, and though he's been driving for a while, since getting his license, this is the second wreck he's had in 6 months. Both times he's flipped the truck. This time his truck (used) was only a day old to him. He was more than likely showing out for his cousin behind him and driving too fast around a dangerous curve. He got extremely lucky as he was not hurt, even after flipping AND being thrown from the truck from not wearing his seatbelt. Luckily his window was down, or he would have really been hurt flying into or through that glass. I pray now that he has learned his lesson and slows down.

6) Cooked supper last night ans it made my stomach upset. All because the label says" may contain milk", even though it is NOT listed in the ingredients. Been nauseous most the night.

7) I am losing my faith in car salesmen. My car, I was told, was a good car, and he wouldn't have put me in it if it wasn't safe, for Layna's sake. The more I drive it, the more issues I have. It smells hot after a trip, short or long. Yesterday while idling at Sonic, the temp gauge started rising. It didn't get too hot, but it was rising. Then the gear shifting were not smooth at all. It felt like it was jumping a bit. There is stop leak in the radiator. The change oil light comes on and stays on a bit when you start up, though it's not time. I'm beginning to wonder how long it is going to last. Turn about is fair play I guess, tho. I knew the truck needed AC work, but didn't know there was a miss in the engine. They had to fix that. Oops.

8) It went from snow cold to sun hot. It is so warm in my house I'm seriously thinking of turning on the air conditioner! I am sweating, and Layna is hot too.

9) I bought a new phone online. While I love the phone, it takes it 6 hours to fully charge! It has to have the original charger it came with. The seller is going to send it to me, let's pray it helps. The battery drains quickly too, but might just be because of the charge.

10) I miss my photography. I may have to start up again, take my camera with me wherever I go.

11) I really want to move out of this trailer. Love being next to Karen, hate the landlord and everything falling apart.

12) I am still addicted to hummus. Jellybeans not as much. Cocoa Pebbles are my new fave. With almond milk it's very good.

13) It is the 1st, April Fools Day. No jokes on me, and I'm not pulling any. I'm happy the way things are today....so far.

14) I did some major cleaning in the kitchen Saturday and it looks so good! Still have to do the stove and the floor. Can't wait to get the rest of the house as clean. Even though I want to move.  :/

15) I put Garfield the movie on so that Layna could watch tv while I was doing laundry. She fell asleep. Should I take a nap or keep cleaning? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment